Trusts & Estates
Dan focuses his practice on drafting and executing a variety of complex estate plans for a wide range of clientele and helping clients administer estates and trusts. Dan also assists and advises clients on additional issues that may affect their estate, such as the formation and management of business entities and tax planning.
Before joining Lee Kaess in 2020, Dan worked for a firm that planned estates for clients all across Eastern North Carolina. Dan helped draft statewide legal publications that discussed the estate planning implications and solutions concerning recent changes in North Carolina and Federal law.
Dan received his B.A., summa cum laude, from Rowan University, where he was a member of the swim team, and his J.D. from the Wake Forest School Law.
- Wake Forest University School of Law JD, 2017
Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Rowan University BA, summa cum laude, 2014
- President, Wake Forest Health Law & Policy Program (2016-17)
- Managing Director, Wake Forest Affordable Care Navigators Program (2016-17)
- Exec. Online Editor, Wake Forest Journal of Law & Policy (2016-17)
- NCAA Division III Swimmer (2010-2013)
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section, Member
- Young Lawyers Division, Member
- New Hanover County Bar Association
- New Hanover Estate Planning Council