Commercial Real Estate | Corporate | Finance and Joint Ventures
Matt Cunningham was a partner in one of the largest law firms in the Southeast before joining his friends and colleagues at Lee Kaess PLLC, to pursue the client-driven, focused and practical service approach that has become the hallmark of our firm. Matt focuses on providing real time, real world solutions, with an understanding that success in every representation is defined by his client’s needs.
Matt has a complex commercial real estate transaction practice, finance and business practice, assisting and advising privately held companies, retail developers, and joint venture participants on a variety of transactional matters and key events in the lifespan of each project or company, ranging from ongoing contractual negotiations and relationships, to financing matters, to structuring ownership interest and asset acquisitions and dispositions, shareholder and operating agreements, and overall corporate governance.
Matt represents a diverse array of clients, ranging from shopping center developers to clinical research site networks, hoteliers, and regional and national lenders.
Matt Cunningham is a North Carolina native who lives in Raleigh with his wife, two children, and two rescue mutts.
Matt received a Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the Wake Forest University School of Law in 2000. Matt has been recognized by Law and Politics Magazine as a Rising Star in North Carolina as well as being named by the Triangle Business Journal as one of 40 Leaders Under 40.
- Wake Forest University School of Law JD, cum laude,2000
Order of the Coif
Wake Forest Law Review, Editorial Staff
- North Carolina State University BA, 1996
- Law & Politics Magazine, North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- Triangle Business Journal, 40 Leaders Under 40 in the Triangle
- Wake County Bar, President’s Award for Service to Bar
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- 10th Judicial District
- SPCA of Wake County, Board President (Past)
- NC Bar Association Real Property Section Annual Meeting, Co-Planner (2008 & 2014)
- Wake County Bar Awards Committee, Board Member (Past)